Wedding Gowns are Keepsakes
One of the few things you’ll be able to save from your wedding day is the dress. Wedding Dress/ Gown preservation offers a multitude of benefits, such as the opportunity to pass down your gown to future generations and potentially create a family tradition.
- In a practical sense, wedding gown preservation makes storing your dress much easier.
- Today’s brides have plenty of options for what to do with their wedding gown post-“I do.” Some donate or sell their gown.
- Others repurpose their wedding dress into lingerie or cocktail attire.
- Many brides, however, want to hang on to that dress that represents so much love, happiness, and celebration.
- That’s why wedding dress preservation is so important.
- A wedding dress is usually intricately designed and extremely delicate, and can’t be cleaned like any old dress.
- Wedding dress cleaning and preservation are key to making sure your dress lasts a lifetime.
If you choose not to preserve your wedding dress, you risk the following
Professional cleaning is the first step in wedding dress preservation, and the sooner you can get the wedding dress to the preservationist or the dry cleaners, the better. Brides often wait up to six weeks to take their dresses to be cleaned, and that’s no good. By that time, stains will have had time to really set in.